Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Maybe By Next Year

 

Maybe by Next Year. Performed by Kid Pan Alley. CD. Approx. 32 min. Kid Pan Alley Music. 2021. CD: $14.98.  Grades 1-5

            Kid Pan Alley (Ryan Benyo and Paul Reisler) invited children to write lyrics about their experiences during the past couple of years of social isolation, mask wearing, and vaccines, which were formed into these 11 memorable songs. Although no credits are given for the instrumentalists, the background music is an excellent accompaniment to these pop songs. The professional vocalists include Natalia Zukerman, Justin Roth, Darrell Scott, Kyle Davis, Randy Kaplan, Michael Lille, Robbie Schaefer, Vanessa Bryan, Jen Jacobsen, Billy Jonas, and Ben Mason. In “The Day the Stars Reached the Earth” listeners are encouraged to take care of the Earth. “Maybe Next Year” I’ll be able to see your smile or frown. “Dead on Arrival” is my social life until I get my vaccination. I’m “Staring Out My Window” and dreaming of when I played with others at school or home. When the pandemic is over, I’m going to “Tear My Mask” into little bitty pieces. “Small Things Make a Difference” in a world where love shines through the darkness. The “Bridge to Peace” is a foundation made of empathy, and a road paved with trust, support and understanding. A bird singing in the window helped the narrator realize there is “No Limit on Hope,” and the sunshine melted her tears. “I’ve Got a Whole Lot to Say” but no one to say it to. “I Think I Blinked” the day I learned the truth that I was adopted. Many are dreaming of the time when we can be “Together Again” and we don’t have to stay six feet away. These fine songs will reassure listeners that they are not alone in these trying times.

Websites: https://www.kidpanalley.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment