Tuesday, June 16, 2020

I Am Kind


I Am Kind. Performed by Lindsay Munroe. Approx. 31 min. Troubadour Music. 2020. CD: $10.98; Digital: $9.49.
Pre-School – Gr 3



After they met at one of his concerts, Raffi encouraged Lindsay to record this album, and he joins in on several songs, playing instruments and beautifully harmonizing. Lindsay performs 16 original and traditional songs in folk musical style. Lindsay’s vocals are lovely, and even more so when harmonizing with Raffi. Lindsay’s three autistic children also join in on several songs. Backup instruments include guitar, ukulele, mandolin, fiddle, bass, piano, electric piano, glockenspiel, accordion, bongos, cajon, and train whistle. The traditional songs are “Little Red Caboose,” “The More We Get Together,” “This Little Light,” “De Colores,” “Peace Like a River,” “Frere Jacques,” and “Bluebird Bluebird.” 
“I Am Kind,” brave, love, wise, and strong. “I Can Try New Things,” I might even like it. The sound of birds singing, green grass, and reading a book are all “Something Good.” When I have to wait my turn or wait in line, I can “Wait Nicely,” with a quiet and calm body. When I get fidgety, I can “Ask for Help,” and ask for a break. It is “OK to Make Mistakes,” don’t give up, try again. “Every One of Us Belongs,” and together our voices make a beautiful song. “Problem Solvers” realize that every problem has a solution. Now when it’s time to rest, “I Can Dream.” This is a lovely, calm album that both children and adults will appreciate.
Website: https://www.lindsaymunroemusic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment